Friday, March 6, 2015

My Favorite Things: March 2015

My Favorite Things: A Blog Linkup

My Favorite Things is a monthly linkup hosted by Raisa and Eirene.
Come join the fun! :)


Here are some of my current faves.
xx Vanessa



I've never had sparkling water until my auntie introduced me to it recently. & now I'm obsessed. I stopped drinking soda a long time ago, and I've come to realize that sparkling water is a nice, healthier alternative. The ingredients are: spring water, CO2, natural flavors. So there's no sugar or calories. & you still get the same fizz and bubbly action.




It's one of my favorite places in the city. I can't wait till it's warmer with the flowers in bloom and trees with some leaves :) But it's just as beautiful when it's a winter wonderland, too.


My Brilliant Life (Korean movie)


I'm on a Korean movie/kdrama kick again. :)

My Brilliant Life stars Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo as young parents to a child with Progeria Syndrome -- a rare genetic disorder that causes children to age rapidly. Their son is a resilient young man despite his struggles with the disease.

There are some funny moments, especially between the son and an older neighbor.  But it's definitely a tearjerker. I cried buckets. Buckets and buckets.

6 comments:

  1. A lot of my coworkers gave up soda for sparkling water, but I haven't been able to get into it. Maybe I need to give another brand a try =/

    I've been the reservoir in Central Park, but I haven't seen it in the winter! I agree that it looks beautiful in the snow too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like sparkling water at first. & I still don't particularly like the original/plain one. But I've learned to love the raspberry-lime, and regular lime flavored ones. So if not another brand, definitely try one w/ a flavor. Maybe you'll like it better.

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried sparkling water myself, but I remember my dad drinking it all the time. I associate it with fanciness. XD I do love sparkling grape juice! I just can't handle the bite after some time because I stopped drinking soda ten years ago.

    I'm with you. I can't wait till it gets warmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I used to associate sparkling water with fanciness, too! In fairness, there actually are slightly more expensive ones or higher end brands of sparkling water. Ohh.. I like sparkling grape juice, too!

      Delete
  3. I thought I left a comment, but maybe it didn't go through?

    Anyway, I can never seem to get into sparkling water. They always taste SALTY to me, which is strange since I don't think they put salt in the water?! A shame I don't like it since I know it's a healthier version of soda!

    And woot for Korean movie/drama, even if it's something I stay far away from . . . which sounds weird when I live in the land of Korean entertainment LOL. But I do ^^; Instead I like the stuff I watched in my younger years. Probably for the nostalgia factor :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried flavored sparkling water? I don't like the original/regular plain flavored ones. But I do like the flavored ones, like raspberry-lime and regular lime. Some brands have lemon, mango, etc. But I haven't tried those yet.

    Haha..aww no, that's totally understandable. I think if I lived in Korea, I probably wouldn't watch much kdramas either. I'd miss watching all my American shows live too much. Lol.

    ReplyDelete